TEXT: 1 Chronicles 16:7-36
How nice it is to receive heartfelt thanks from someone to whom we have given a gift or for whom we have done some favor. Surely then, the God of all the universe and on whom our very lives depend, is pleased when those of His creation show and express thankfulness for the many blessings He daily sends our way. See Psalm 68:19.
- The portion of text we are studying is referred to as a “psalm,” although it is not included in the Book of Psalms. Who was the author? What was the occasion? See 1 Chronicles 16:1.
- At different times, musicians and singers had been appointed and used in the worship of the Lord. How were an orchestra and choir used to express thanksgiving? See 2 Chronicles 5:13.
- What verse in the text might be used to explain the reason for singing and testifying in church? In what way can a testimony be considered thanksgiving?
- Make a list from this psalm in our text of some of the marvelous works that the Lord had done for the Children of Israel for which they were to be thankful.
- To whom were the Israelites to tell of the glory of God and His marvelous works? Who are we supposed to tell of God’s greatness?
- How do we develop a spirit of thanksgiving even during times of great difficulty? See 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
- As we serve God with all our hearts, He truly will supply all our needs (Philippians 4:19). List some of the things you would consider needs.
- List some of the things the Lord has given above and beyond your needs.
- Give an example of when Romans 8:28 was proven in your own life.