TEXT: Review Quarter Texts
In this quarter, we studied God’s remedy for sin. It began with the story of how God provided a lamb as a substitute for Abraham’s son Isaac. That pointed to the Lamb of God who was our substitute on Mt. Calvary. We learned of the protection afforded by the Blood of the Lamb, what must be done to be under this protection, and what we must do to maintain it. We also learned of some of the blessings that are ours if we follow the Lord, and where our names are recorded when we give our hearts and lives to God.
- What great truth is portrayed in the story of Abraham’s taking Isaac to Mt. Moriah for a sacrifice?
- What did God require the Children of Israel to do to protect their firstborn from death during one of the plagues in Egypt? What must man do today to escape the coming judgment?
- Explain the difference between the Feast of the Passover and the Lord’s Supper.
- Make a list of the many things Jesus suffered for our sake, and explain why He willingly went through them.
- Tell in your own words what happened on the Resurrection morning and what that means to us.
- What does it mean to repent and why is it so important?
- Jesus told Nicodemus that he must be born again. Explain in your own words what that means and how it affects one’s life.
- What does restitution mean, and why is it important?
- How many virtues does Paul list which make up the fruit of the Spirit? Which do you think would be unnecessary?
- Explain what you think it means to “Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.”
- How did the Syrophenician woman show how much she cared for her daughter?
- Will everyone’s name be found in the Lamb’s Book of Life? What must a person do to have his name written there?