TEXT: Exodus 12:1-14
The forefathers of the Children of Israel had offered sacrifices from the beginning of sacred history. When bringing judgment on the people of Egypt, God once more revealed to the Israelites the importance of the blood of sacrifices when applied as He required. Today we must have the Blood of Jesus applied to our hearts if we expect to escape the consequences of sin.
- Who gave the instructions to God’s people for preparing the Passover lamb? What can we conclude regarding God’s plan for spiritual authority? See Ephesians 4:11-13.
- Why were the Israelites instructed to sacrifice a lamb without blemish? What special significance does this portray? See Hebrews 9:12-14 and 1 Peter 1:18-19.
- What was to be done with the blood of the lamb?
- List some of the ways in which the Passover lamb was a type of Christ.
- Why was it necessary for the Israelites to eat this first Passover feast in haste?
- What was the final judgment God sent upon the Egyptians, and why? See Exodus 11:1,5.
- The Israelites had to take some action to escape God’s judgment. What action must people take today if they expect to escape the judgment of God on this world? See Romans 3:23; Acts 17:30; John 3:16 and 8:31.
- The Israelites were instructed to keep the Passover as a memorial forever. At Jesus’ last Passover supper, He instituted something which Christians today do in remembrance of their Passover Lamb. What is it called and what does it commemorate? See 1 Corinthians 5:7 and 11:23-26.
- Why is it so important to answer yes immediately to the call of God to one’s heart? See Genesis 6:3; Matthew 24:44 and James 4:14.