TEXT: Revelation 21:1-7, 21-27
Tears, death, sorrow, crying, and pain will soon be a thing of the past for some, “for the former things are passed away . . . Behold, I make all things new.” The new will be a glorious state of blessedness reserved for those who have had their names written in the Book of Life.
- What type of people will not enter into the City described in our text? Be specific, supporting your answer with Scripture.
- Explain what the Book of Life contains (Revelation 3:5). Of what importance is the Book of Life?
- Read Revelation 21:3-4. Who are the people in these verses?
- The Book of Life is not the only book John saw (Revelation 20:12). What do you think is found in the other books?
- Why is the Book of Life sometimes called “The Lamb’s Book”?
- What is the alternative to the Book of Life?
- Once your name is written down, can it ever be removed? See Exodus 32:33.
- What can a person do to ensure that his name will remain in the Book of Life?
- Read Revelation 22:18-19. What does it mean to you?
- From the text, list some of the things you can look forward to if you keep your name in the Lamb’s Book of Life.