TEXT: Matthew 25:1-13
There are sins which are passive by nature, but are as destructive in their ultimate consequences as those willfully and deliberately committed. The sin of neglect is one of these. We can see from this parable that the consequences of such a sin are terrible to contemplate. Let us be as spiritually vigilant as the wise virgins were. They availed themselves of every privilege, every opportunity, and every experience that came their way.
- What was commendable about the attitude of both the wise and foolish virgins?
- In what ways, then, did the foolish virgins fail?
- What admonition was given to the foolish virgins? How did they react to this advice?
- What lessons are given to us in the conduct and attitude of the wise virgins?
- Who does the bridegroom represent in the parable? What does the midnight cry depict?
- What happened to the foolish virgins?
- What can we do to keep our “lamps” from going out?
- What thought in today’s lesson do you consider most important?