TEXT: 2 Kings 5:1-4; John 1:40-49
Throughout the years, men have pondered the most profitable activity in which to engage themselves. Myriad have been the goals which they have set for themselves as the ultimate or highest possible degree of usefulness while on earth. But without doubt, the highest calling and occupation ever to thrill and hold the heart of any man is the call of God to the winning of souls for the Kingdom of Heaven. Not only does this unique call contain the greatest of earthly joys, but it also is inherent with the promise of eternal reward.
- In today’s lesson we are studying three persons as examples for witnessing. Identify the person which best fits each statement.
Having love and concern for the person’s enemies.
Having found the Messiah, he did not let the day pass until he had brought his brother to Christ.
This person brought one of his best friends to the Messiah.
- Identify the person to whom Christ ministered, who in turn spread the Good News throughout a whole city and saw many of the people believe on Him. See John 4. Note two or three reasons why this person was so successful in getting the people to come, see, and hear Jesus.
- What do you think was most influential in achieving the startling multiplication of members in the Early Church? See Acts 4:31; 8:4. In what way are all Christians to be “preachers of righteousness”? See Mark 16:15.
- When you think about speaking of Christ, how do you react? Circle one of the sentences given below or write one of your own.
I find it difficult to speak of such a personal matter.
I do not speak about Christ unless someone asks me.
I find it easy to talk to friends about Christ, but not to people I don’t know.
I find it easy to talk to strangers about Christ, but not to close friends.
I often find myself talking to people about Christ, and I am thrilled when I have that privilege.
- In your opinion, how would the Apostle Peter have answered question 4 above? Why? See Acts 4:20.
- Why is it so very important to witness for Jesus and win others to Him? See 2 Corinthians 5:20. Why is the Gospel vital to every person we meet from the standpoint of eternity? See Romans 6:23.
- Why is the Gospel important right here and now to every person we meet in the daily affairs of life? See 1 John 1:9 and Romans 8:1.
- What reward do those reap who witness for Christ? See Revelation 12:11 and Daniel 12:3. What happens to those who fail in this endeavor? See Mark 8:38.