TEXT: Matthew 2:1-12
The sighting of the star in the east was the beginning of the diligent search by the Wise Men. Their mission served to answer the question, “Who is Jesus?” We have the opportunity to follow their example as we seek for things of spiritual value so that we might know Christ better.
- How do you think the Wise Men knew that they were searching for the One who was “King of the Jews”? See Matthew 2:2.
- Why do you think Herod, and all Jerusalem with him, was so troubled upon hearing of the newborn King?
- How did the chief priest and the scribes know where Christ should be born? See Micah 5:2.
- Why were the Wise Men so happy to see the star again after they departed from the king?
- What did the Wise Men do before they presented their gifts to the newborn King?
- What gifts can we offer the Lord today? See Romans 12:1 and Hebrews 13:15-16.
- The Wise Men followed the star which led them to Christ. God still gives man a light to follow. What do you think directs us to Christ today?
- Are many seeking to follow the Savior today? Why or why not?
- The Wise Men followed the star even though the journey was difficult. They persevered until they reached their goal. Using the Wise Men as an example, what should our attitude be as we strive for the heavenly goal?