TEXT: Judges 6:11-40
Making the right decisions in spiritual matters will add to one’s growth in Christian maturity. The most important decisions may not always be the ones made with great deliberation and forethought. They may be the spontaneous ones made every day. How necessary it is to seek God’s guidance in decision-making, because each decision, great or small, leads us either closer to or away from Jesus.
- What was the decision that Gideon was faced with making? Of what consequence was it if he made the wrong decision? See Judges 7:19-23.
- Name the four happenings upon which Gideon based his decision to do what God commanded him.
- Can one know God’s will in making a decision? Support your answer with Scripture.
- What is the spiritual meaning of putting out a fleece? Do you think this is a good way to make a decision? Explain your answer.
- Why is God concerned with even the lesser decisions we make on a day-to-day basis?
- What sources are helpful in making good decisions? What sources are harmful in making good decisions? See Psalm 1:1-2.
- Do you think it is possible to make every decision based upon God’s Word? For instance, will God’s Word tell a person which school to attend or which friends to associate with or which job to accept? Read Matthew 6:33, and explain your answer.
- Reflect back over the past year concerning any major decisions you have had to make. What were the processes you went through in order to make those decisions? Were there times when you should have done something differently?