TEXT: 2 Peter 1:1-11; 3:17-18
Spiritual growth is possible only by faith in the divine power of God. The precious promises help us toward our goal of being partakers of His divine nature and being a part of the everlasting Kingdom of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Diligently using our faith in those promises in every action and decision of life will add growth in the virtues mentioned as God multiplies grace and peace. Growth, victory, and an abundant entrance into eternal life will be the results. What rewards for our effort!
- In our text the Apostle Peter writes concerning “growing in grace.” From what starting point does spiritual growth begin?
- What two things mentioned in verse 2 of our text are evident in the heart of one who is born again? How do you think these contribute to our spiritual growth? See Romans 5:1.
- To grow spiritually, where must we keep our faith focused? What are some ways this can be done? See Hebrews 12:1-2.
- According to our text, what assistance does God give to help us grow spiritually?
- List the seven increments of Christian graces that we are to add to our faith, and give a spiritual definition of each.
- What will be the results of adding these to our lives?
- If a Christian does not add these graces to his life, what will be the spiritual result?
- Write a goal that you have for your spiritual growth. One reference that could be used is Ephesians 4:13-15.