TEXT: Revelation 19:7-9; Matthew 22:1-14; Luke 12:35-38
We live in the dispensation of the Holy Ghost. God has sent His Spirit into the world to seek a Bride for His Son. When the Bride has made herself ready, and when the time on God’s clock has reached the hour that He has appointed, the Bridegroom, Jesus Christ, will appear in the azure above to catch away His Bride. Then the Marriage Supper of the Lamb will take place while the Great Tribulation is running its course here on the earth. No wonder that the text tells us, “Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.”
- Matthew 9:14-15 and John 3:28-29 help us understand that Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God, is the Bridegroom at the Marriage Supper. Draw a parallel between an earthly bridegroom and Jesus Christ, the Bridegroom of those who have made themselves ready.
- The Bride of Christ is made up of overcoming saints who have “washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” What is the significance of the white wedding apparel of the Lamb’s wife as indicated in the following Scriptures?
2 Corinthians 11:2
2 Peter 3:14
- In our Matthew text, we read a parable about a king who made a marriage for his son. Describe what happened to the guest who came without a wedding garment, and make a spiritual application.
- Luke 12:35-37 tells us that at the Supper, the Lord himself will serve those servants whose lights are burning. Describe the feelings one might have realizing they are being served by Jesus, and compare them to the feelings Peter might have had when Jesus washed his feet. See John 13:6-9.
- After the Lord’s coming at the Rapture, He will reward His servants for faithful service. What are some of the rewards promised to the overcomer? See Revelation 2:7,11,17,26-28; 3:5,12,21.
- Two of Jesus’ parables in Matthew liken the Kingdom of Heaven to a marriage — Matthew 22:1-4 and 25:1-13. The requirements for being in the wedding party are very specific. If we fail to meet these requirements we will be left behind. Name some of these as shown in the following Scriptures:
Matthew 22:5 and Luke 14:18-20
- The Apostle was instructed to write, “Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb.” In Revelation 17:14, those who are with the Lamb are “called, and chosen, and faithful.” In your own words, identify the called, the chosen, and the faithful.