TEXT: Genesis 6:5-22; Hebrews 11:7
When God sent the Flood upon the world, He provided protection for those who would accept it, in the form of an ark. Christians today are provided with protection far above that which the world knows. We have the promise of divine protection at all times.
- Hebrews 11:7 indicates that Noah was warned by God of impending judgment upon the wicked world. Since we read in 2 Peter 2:5 that Noah was a preacher of righteousness, we can assume that Noah’s preaching warned of the coming flood, a time when all people would need divine protection. What warnings do people receive today?
- Why was it necessary for Noah to make the ark exactly to the dimensions that God specified? Parallel this to what we must do if we want God’s protection.
- The schooling of the Lord, though sometimes strange to us, is perfect in His plan for our lives. He makes a straight path for our feet, and then lights the way with His presence. We may at times go through deep waters or fiery trials. What has God promised to us at these times? See Isaiah 43:2.
- Those in Noah’s day needed protection from an oncoming flood. Give a specific example of something you need to be protected from and tell how God meets your need in it. Then give an example where God protected you without your being aware of it until sometime later.
- What roles do angels play in divine protection? Refer to Psalm 91:11, Daniel 6:22, and Acts 12:7.
- Divine protection is promised when certain conditions are met. The following verses contain a promise along with a requirement. After each reference, give the required condition.
2 Chronicles 16:9
- Do you think the unsaved should expect divine protection? Why or why not?
- As Christians, we sometimes still get hurt or find ourselves with problems and in difficult situations. We may be involved in automobile accidents, face persecutions, etc. Does this mean that God is not protecting us? Why do you think God allows these things to happen?
- The Great Tribulation is coming! What would you say is God’s ultimate protection for us?