In 1926, a 250-foot well was drilled on the campground and its water piped throughout the area. In 1927, a massive stone fountain was built in the landscaped area at the front of the grounds.
Improvements continued as the “little city” grew. In the 1930s, community kitchenettes were built at various spots around the grounds. Later, running water and refrigeration were added to them. Around the large cookstoves and long tables, new friendships were made and old acquaintances renewed.
In 1949, a chapel east of the tabernacle was built to provide space for the beginners’ Sunday school department. That area is now designated as the “Quiet Room,” a cool and comfortable area where visitors to camp meeting can relax, read, and enjoy the fellowship of other campers between the services. During camp meeting, the campground office occupies the front part of that building.
In 1952, a domed building west of the tabernacle was constructed. Referred to as the West Chapel, this building was initially used for primary, junior, and intermediate Sunday school classes. Currently, children’s meetings are held there during the camp meetings. During the remainder of the year, the building is used as an activity center. In 1962, a new restaurant and snack bar was built for the benefit of the campers. A shower room replaced the old store building in 1977.