AF SS Lesson 114 The Millennial Reign
TEXT Revelation 20:1-10; Isaiah 35:1-10
SUPPLEMENTAL SCRIPTURES Isaiah 2:2-4; 11:1-10
OBJECTIVE The students will be able to tell that the Millennial Reign will take place immediately after the Tribulation, how long it will last, and what life will be like for the saints during this time.
KEY VERSE FOR ANSWER The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose. — Isaiah 35:1
YOUR INTRODUCTION/ OPENER:
POINTS TO COVER/ CHARACTERISTICS OF THE MILLENIAL REIGN;
· Millennial Kingdom duration: one millennium, 1000 years.
· Animals become peaceful—
o Wolf, lamb-- Isaiah 11:6-9 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,…
o All animals literally be herbivores (as they were in the beginning Genesis 1:29-30)
o After the flood, man was given permission to eat the animals, animals began to fear humans, animals became carnivorous-- Genesis 9:2-3 God says to Noah, "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."
· Life spans will increase
o Isaiah 65:20-25 "There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old…
· During the 1000 years, people on earth will
o Will be doing normal activities like building houses, living in them, planting vineyards, eating fruit, bearing children, and sometimes even death.
o People living during the 1000 years will have normal/ mortal bodies, aside from those with glorified bodies that returned on white horses with JC from the Marriage Supper. Matthew 25:31-46 describes Jesus Christ dividing the sheep from the goats at the end of the great tribulation. This is the judgment of the Gentile nations (v. 32). All of the people gathered on the Lord's right hand are survivors of the great tribulation and will pass into the kingdom in their mortal bodies. They will bear children who are mortal as well. The same is true for the many Israelites who will survive the great tribulation, and will bear children in the kingdom. Ezekiel 37:25-26.
o Satan though, remember, is in chains and cannot influence during the 1000 years.
· Saints will have a glorified body—Example of Jesus:
He could go through walls, and yet His body could be felt
He had the power to vanish and appear at will
He was recognizable.
He could eat-- Luke 24:41-43
· Saints will reign w Jesus Matthew 19:28; I Corinthians 6:2; Revelation 3:21; 5:10; 11:15
· Saints will have been awarded cities based on their faithful service now Luke 19:16-19
· Jesus Christ will rule with all wisdom and perfect justice and with a rod of iron Rev 19:15
o Reign as a literal king on a throne
o Will be in ruling in Jerusalem-- Ez. 43:7, Micah 4:2—And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
o Will restore the judges to Israel –Isaiah 1:26, Matthew 19:28—“…in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel”
· Israel will be a kingdom of priests—Zechariah 8:20-23—“…ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you" (See also Ex 19:5,6)
· All to keep the Feasts of Tabernacles (or Booths) (see Lev. 23:33-44) during the Millennial Reign
o Zech 14:16-19 "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.”
o Must travel to Jerusalem once a year in the fall
· Celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles once every seven years
· The Temple during the Millennial Reign—Ezekiel chaps 40-44. Even though all on the earth now will know that JC is the perfect lamb, it appears that sacrifices will be kept and the law of Moses strictly followed.
· Earth: is delivered from corruption Romans 8:22
· The geographical changes that occurred in Israel when Jesus came to earth at the Mt. of Olives—Zech 14:4,5 tells of split in the mountain as His feet touch the earth
o Living waters—Zech 14:8
o Dead Sea waters are healed—Ezekiel 47:8-11 “…These … waters shall be healed. … But the miry places thereof and the marshes thereof (swamps and marshes) shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt."
o Whole land of Israel will become much more fertile—Isaiah 32:15, 29:17, 51:3, 35:1
o Boundaries of Israel will be greater than today see Gen 15:18, 35:12, and Ezek. 48.
o Zech 14:10 –“ All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up…”
· No war during the 1000 years.
o Revelation 20:7-9,
o Isaiah 2:4 “And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.”
o Micah 4:3 "… they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."
· At the end of the 1000 years, Satan is loosed from the bottomless pit, nations are deceived, and the devil is defeated by God at the Battle of Gog and Magog. The devil is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the Beast and false prophet are. Nations will be deceived by the devil and will take up arms against Christ, even after a thousand years of peace. The followers of Satan will be devoured by fire that will come down from God out of Heaven, soon to be resurrected to face the last judgment.
YOUR QUESTIONS TO ASK STUDENTS/ &/or GET RESTATEMENTS FROM STUDENTS: