SS Review for Lessons on the End Times—an Overview
(Note for Sunday School teachers: Since I was preparing for a review in Portland, I thought I would like to share with others the work of gathering these illustrations. They are from the web over the last few weeks; use them by enlarging, and then either print on overheads or put into a power point presentation. You can easily start at point 6 if you are limited in time. I don’t believe they are copyrighted; most sites urged free usage in whatever means possible to get out the message of Jesus’ imminent return. So please feel free to use in your class and/or for a review, but do not “publish”. )
I. Setting the Stage—a world timeline
1. In the Beginning God created the world
2. 6000 years ago, He also created man. But Adam and Eve sinned
3. God is a HOLY GOD; He cannot look on sin. He made a plan of how man could get rid of sin: the shedding of blood.
4. That shed blood pointed to the final “Lamb’s” blood atonement
II. Transition—Prophecies of First and Second Coming
5. Through all those years from creation to Jesus’ death on the cross, the prophets foretold that the Messiah would come—first born as a baby, and second as a reigning king over all the earth.
There are 48 specific prophecies of His first coming, and mathematicians have calculated that for all those prophecies to come true and be fulfilled in one man that statistically the probability is 1 in 10157 or 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,
000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.
Question to ask students: With those odds being fulfilled for His first coming, do you think the prophecies of His second coming will be fulfilled?
III. End Times (Daniel’s 70th week)
6. Rapture—when we which are alive and ready will be caught up to be with the Lord
7. II Peter 3: 10,11 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; …what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness
8. Will you be ready when the trumpet sounds to go up to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?
9. Marriage Supper –Who will be there at the Marriage Supper? Psalms 24: 3, 4 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart…
10. While we are being given our rewards and enjoying the Marriage Supper, judgment is being poured out upon the earth: Bowls, Vials, Trumpets (that we will specifically study next week)
11. Great tribulation
12. The Third Temple will be built
13. In the middle of tribulation, the Antichrist will be revealed as he goes into that temple, and tells all the world that he is the one that deserves to worshipped, and demands that all worship him as “god”. Make a choice he says; take a number or you cannot buy or sell, you will be hunted down, persecuted, most likely killed. He is incarnated with Satan, and his false prophet promotes him.
14. Armageddon rages on the earth: would annihilate all on the earth were it not for Jesus’ return.
15. Every Eye will see Him as Jesus Christ returns to the earth through the clouds; his garments red . Out of His mouth comes a sharp sword; He destroys the evil forces fighting at Armageddon. As his foot touches the ground of the Mt of Olives, the mount splits in two and Jews run into that crevice that forms to be saved from the wrath of the Lamb.
16. Saints, we who were at the Marriage Supper, have donned their white linen robes and now are mounted on white horses, and follow right behind Jesus
17. The Antichrist and false prophet are thrown into the lake of fire for 1000 years
18. Peace on the earth for a 1000 years as Jesus and the saints from the ages rule –even a lamb can lie down by a lion
19. Are you ready Be ready—pray, ask God to wash away all your sins, keep saved. Be Ready.
Psalms 24: 3, 4 Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart…
IV…Other possible Closing Scriptures for “Be Ready” thought:
· II Peter 3: 10,11 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; …what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness II Peter 3:10,11
· I John 2: 15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
· James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this,… to keep himself unspotted from the world.
· Titus 2:12 Teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world.
· Job 23:11-12 My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.